Introducing the Lorpen AirGill® Fabric Face Mask with ViralOff. Wearing a mask is now mandatory in many countries on public transport, in stores, and commercial offices. Lorpen has been hard at work to find a more comfortable, efficient, and ergonomic solution that combines function with style. Using our technical expertise, we have designed a mask that allows the best possible breathing, avoids the accumulation of moisture and provides comfort when worn for long periods of time. The Lorpen AirGill® Face Mask with ViralOff captures coughs and sneezes in order to help stop the transmission of viruses to other people. It also reduces the risk of inhaling any stray airborne water droplets.
The Lorpen AirGill® Face Mask with ViralOff is designed with an ergonomic 3D fitting to ensure comfortable breathing and maximum coverage of the face. It is water repellent and made with anti-microbial material that prevents unpleasant smells and odors. Made with ViralOff finish by Swedish hygiene specialist Polygiene®. This new development of Polygiene® not only has a significantly stronger effect against bacteria, but also reduces all viruses by 99% in two hours (according to ISO18184: 2019 standard).
These are unprecedented times when we all need to do our part to help keep each other safe and healthy.
The mask has not been certified by any third party, has not been certified for clinical environments (such as hospitals, medical clinics, etc.) and has not been intended to prevent disease.
Wearing the mask is not guaranteed to provide full protection against or fully remove risk of infection, as infection depends on many factors both known and unknown, including without limitation, fit, use, environment, and duration.
99% REDUCTION OF VIRUSES IN 2 HOURS
For best performance and sustainability, wash less and only when needed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the benefits of ViralOff ? Viral reduction of 99% or more. In these times, we need to say little more. But to spell it out, there are many instances where you simply don’t want viruses to thrive, be it in hospital wear, in operation scrubs, in facemasks, medical and mountain rescue team wear, and so o n. But also, in certain consumer products that are on your face or easily touch your face. Many products will benefit from this protection as they also can be used longer.
- Does it help against all viruses? We have tested the active ingredient against Influenza A, BirdFlu , Norovirus and Corona (SARS) over the years, and in all cases, we have achieved 99% levels of reduction. What we bring with the ISO18184:2019* standard is a test that can be made for any specific product for effect in the two hours timespan, where it has to reduce the virus over 99%, to pass. This test uses viruses of the Influenza A strain. These viruses are used in the ISO test, but we can us e more and other virus strains as they become available.
- Can we do any healthcare claims? No, we don’t make any health claims. If, when and how this also is beneficial for the user depends on many other things. For instance, a face mask will never 100% stop viruses from going through it, but we can ensure viruses don’t live in and on it for long. Does this mean in any way that this will keep you 100% protected? No, as absolute protection depends on too many factors.
- How long does it last? It is a durable and always on treatment. Avoid washing to keep it at the maximum level.
- How does it work ? ViralOff stops viral activity through interaction with key proteins, inhibiting the virus from infecting the cells. It shows a 99% reduction of many different viruses, on a treated material, within a 2 hours timespan. Shown by test ISO18184:2019, ATCC VR 1679 (H3N2).
- Can ViralOff be used next to skin? Yes, it has no effect on the skin as it doesn’t interfere with the skin’s natural bacterial flora.
- Is it patented? A technology is the sum of techniques, skills, methods, and processes used in the production of goods or services. The sum of this is what is a registered trademark, the brand ViralOff.
- What is ViralOff made of? The active ingredient is a biocide and it is made of a reaction mass of titanium dioxide and silver chloride and it is not na no silver.
- Where is it produced? The ingredient chemistry is manufactured in Germany with minimal use of resources and in accordance with strict environmental regulations.
- How is it applied? Normally, it is applied to fabric at the finishing stage of production. As several treatments can be simultaneously applied, no additional water or energy is needed and the impact on the environment is reduced.
* ISO18184:2019, ATCC VR 1679 (H3N2) 4 tests against enveloped viruses (like Influenza A, Corona, Hepatitis) ViralOff is not intended to prevent disease, it is used for protection of the treated product. The product is available in most markets, but it is not yet approved for use with anti viral claims, by the US FDA and US EPA.