The T3 Men’s Heavy Trekker is a hiking sock designed to keep your feet warm and dry while providing a performance enhancing experience in the most extreme conditions. This sock combines three layers of two technical fibres: PRIMALOFT® and MERINO WOOL.
PRIMALOFT® yarn is made up of ultra-fine polyester fibers which are finer than cashmere, resulting in a luxuriously soft feel while providing unparalleled moisture wicking. When hiking, climbing or doing any aerobic activity, your body works up a sweat and emits heat and perspiration. However, when you suddenly sit idle, you can easily start to freeze with an insulation that absorbs water. PRIMALOFT® fibers wick moisture away from the skin and trap body heat.
MERINO WOOL is a finely crimped and soft wool with staples that are commonly 65 – 100 mm long. The core of a merino fibre is hydrophilic (water retaining), and is breathable. The fine micron diameter ensures it feels soft and comfortable next to the skin. Merino has the ability to help keep the foot warm in winter and cool in summer. MERINO WOOL provides warmth without overheating the foot. It also wicks away moisture from sweat that builds up over long days in a blind.
Lastly, a layer of STRETCH NYLON with LYCRA® adds durability and ensure these socks stay up in your running shoes without slipping down to your toes. On the one hand, NYLON is a synthetic continuous fibre that is characterized by its resistance and capacity to cushion. On the other hand, LYCRA® is a synthetic elastane fiber that can stretch up to six times its length and return to its original state.
- A hiking sock extra thick and reinforced.
- PRIMALOFT® fibers trap heat while keeping away moisture.
- MERINO WOOL for added warmth and comfort.
- 10% STRETCH NYLON with LYCRA® all throughout the sock means no slipping or bunching up.
- Mesh Instep that minimizes bulk on the top of the foot and promotes heat and moisture release.
- Heavy cushioning for added protection.
- The Flat Knit Toe Seam means no irritation on your toes.